And the winner is…. Me. I get up wearing my best dinner suit to pick up an award I know absolutely nothing about and is about as prestigious as a smarty.
When I saw this my first thought was one of surprise at being nominated for an award on my one week blogging birthday. I got really excited because I didn’t know what the mystery blogger is or if it was good. Then I read a few posts and discovered actually I have not been nominated for an award I have won one. Although it’s not the Oscars or the Nobel peace prize (yet) I am actually really happy about this.
The reason this has made me smile is because by nominating me another blogger has read my blog and thought about me when it was their turn to nominate their chosen people. I also like the fact that I was not nominated by a friend or a relative but by some one I don’t even know. what a lovely surprise.
I would like to obviously first thank my beautiful girlfriend Jo for basically putting up with me. Trust me I am not always so cool that I am picking up awards. I want to thank my dad for having that faithful dirty thought 32 years and nine months ago. My mum for carrying me and loving me despite the fact she spent pretty much every day of her pregnancy and a long while after it in hospital. That was nice of you mum thank you. I want to thank my sisters Natasha and Jaymee for getting me into the blogging world and for helping me when I Facebook them at 2am asking what a DM is on twitter.
I want to thank my other sister Joanne because I spend many hours round her house while she helps me sort my life out and is generally nice to me all the time. and my brother Andrew because having a little brother who has such high aspirations is perfect for a big brother who wont be beaten by his little brother.
Most importantly however I would like to say a massive thank you to Becky at Bringing up the berneys for basically showing me that people apart from my family and close friends do actually read my blog. This has come at a great time because I was struggling to write tonight and this has given me a nice little pick me up. Now that’s the formalities done I have a few things I have to do as per the rules.
Without further ado
—- The Rules —-
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award & give a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify each nominee.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
Three things about me:
- Literally no idea what I am doing 99.9% of the time and am mostly found to be “winging it”
- Gave up drinking 72 cans a coke every day for 7 days a week in November and haven’t touched a drop since
- I served 9 years in the armed forces and served my country in Afghanistan
Becky’s’s Five Questions:
1. What made you decide to get into blogging – and what’s kept you going?
I have seen and done so much with my life and have overcome some pretty shitty situations in the process. I enjoy writing and decided that I wanted to share my experiences with other people within my niche. In the hope they may inspire other dads to not give up with the best choice they ever made. I love blogging but I have only been going for seven days so I am still pretty much in the honeymoon period
2. What three things couldn’t you live without and why?
My camera because I absolutely love documenting my adventures and looking back on my awesome memories. My phone because it is my link to the outside world and everyone in it. You can meet so many cool people and explore so many places because of technology these days you might as well abuse the shit out of it.Finally my children because without them my life would not have any purpose. These two have kept me going and been my reason to strive for the top ever since that first day of parenting.
3. Are you a morning or night person?
A night person. I feel like I can relax at night when everyone else is resting and sleeping I am often found chilling out on my laptop or going through photos. I love the evenings and some times I have been known to just sit outside by my self and watch the world go round.
4.What and where would your dream holiday be?
A family holiday to Disney world.We have never been in a position to go abroad on holiday as a family and I feel like Disney World has to be the favourite for a family vacation. one day maybe.
5. Pizza Hut or Dominoes?
Pizza hut ice cream factory baby!!!!
My best/favourite post:
- The mum diaries by @ The mum diaries
- Mummy and moose by @mummyandmoose
- Daddy Poppins by@DaddyPoppinsBlg
- Worms Eye View by @WormsEyeView1
- The silly dad chronicles by @Silly_Daddy75
- Daddy is best by @DaddyisBest
- Mummy of 5 miracles by @Mummyof5miracle
- penelope polkadot by @Alamodekidswear
- Blog of dad by @blogofdad
- Single dads are cool by @RobbyBobbyBurtt
- The uncool dad by @TheUncoolDadLDN
- One Hull of a dad by @RichSayers1610
- The honest father by @Honest_Father
- Lycra widow by @Lycrawidow
My five questions to you
- On what occasion was you closest to quitting the blogging world?
- what do you enjoy most from blogging?
- How often do you often spend on a post?
- What plug-in/add-on cant you do without?
- Do you use any third party apps to assist you if so which one do you swear by?
This award was created by
the lovely (I am sure) Okoto Enigma.